Alright ladies! Want to know what the best foundations are? Specifically foundations for the wedding day? Today we have Ashlee Ann, owner of Beauty by Ashlee Ann, dishing out these and you totally would want to read this, keep this and perhaps let your bridal makeup artist know your thoughts/suggestions/choices.
Best Foundations To Wear on Your Wedding Day by Ashlee Ann
Most brides want to have full coverage but still look like themselves. You want to be glowy and natural, and not cakey! In my experience as a professional makeup artist, here are my top 5 foundations to wear on your big day!
1. The best of the best! Temptu-airbrush (silicone based formula): this is what I recommend! Temptu airbrush is waterproof, tear-proof and sweat-proof. It is considered 24 hour wear and high definition for professional photography. The best part is you look natural and flawless because it’s applied with a lightweight mist! No touch ups required 🙂
2. Kat Von D lock it foundation: If you are looking for a full coverage, long lasting traditional foundation the Kat Von D lock it foundaion is it. It’s creamy and lets the skin breathe while allowing full coverage. It won’t break the bank and is very high quality. It can be purchased at Sephora.
3. Kat Von D powder foundation: I don’t suggest using it on its own, but adding it to a full coverage liquid foundation. It helps keep you looking Matte and adds an extra layer of protection! the Kat Von D powder foundation comes in multiple shades. I use the darker shades to contour my brides with. Why not add a long lasting contour? It can be purchased at Sephora.
4. Dior-Airflash: Yes, the Dior Airflash may be pricier, but I promise you won’t be disappointed. I recommend this for brides who want a decent coverage but also still want to see their freckles. It’s amazing and feels lightweight. You can spray it on a nice kabuki brush and buff right into your skin. You can also use this on your chest or any body part you may need a little extra coverage :). This can be purchased at Sephora and any department store.
5. Estée Lauder-doublewear: This is another amazing full coverage foundation. The Estée Lauder-doublewear is slightly pricier than the Kat Von D , but has been flawless coverage and a lightweight feel. It comes in a wide range of shades, making it easy to match your skin! It can be purchased at any department store!
Coming from a professional makeup artist, you definitely want to hire an artist to accommodate your makeup needs on your big day. Even if you do, make sure you know your foundation options and what works best for your skin type. Every bride wants a different look and finish. I definitely think you can find bridal happiness in any of these 5 products!
This post was written by Ashlee Ann. Ashlee is a licensed cosmetologist having worked with hundreds of brides over 9 years and owner of Beauty by Ashlee Ann, a Tampa makeup artist.